Monday, March 30, 2009

The Plan So Far

Slowly but surely, my life post-Masters degree is coming together. On Friday, I both booked my flight to Israel and reserved a Portable On Demand Storage (PODS) moving apparatus. I don't care that it will cost me $2000. For the ability to put my stuff in a container in my driveway in Saint Paul and unpack it from the same container in Ann Arbor three months later, never having to deal with it in between, I would forsake my firstborn. So, here's the rough schedule as it stands now:
May 14 - Last final
May 15-17 - New York for family wedding
May 20 - POD arrival and load up (this means I have to be fully packed by then)
May 21 - POD disappears; drive to Illinois
May 22 - Flight to Israel
May 23-July 17 - Field season at Tel Kedesh
July 17 - Back to the States
July 18 - ~August 15 - Visit Rhys in LA (Getty Museum!) and the Twin Cities, because I really won't have much else to do (I say now...)
Late August - Move to Ann Arbor
September 8 - Classes begin

The only thing of substance that really has yet to be determined is the actual place I will be living. If anyone has hot tips on the Ann Arbor rental market, feel free to share.

Now all that's left is finishing this pesky Minnesota nonsense. Oy.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I hate to point this out, but you've reached the month-old post mark. Update and whine about weaving tools for us. We want to hear it.

    ReplyDelete