Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Second post of the day!

I know, two posts in one day is completely unprecedented here. But I just saw this, and I couldn't help but share it with you, my faithful readers.

Fox News reports on "archaeologist" Randall Price's search for Noah's Ark in Turkey

See, this is why people think that archaeology isn't real science! Randall Price, for the record, is affiliated with Jerry Falwell's Liberty University. I'm not going to get into all the issues - there's a nice blog entry here which goes into nice detail, including grammatical errors on the guy's website - but, if nothing else.... wasn't Noah's Ark made out of wood? Wood doesn't preserve for 3,000+ years unless it's in a bog or totally dry environment, and even that is far from a guarantee. Frozen in a glacier is not going to cut it. Unless we're going to start attributing divine miracles here, which, hey, might as well be the case.

Also, the Fox News.com's Archaeology Center is about to become mandatory reading for me. At the top of the list? "Mythic Birthplace of Zeus Possibly Found." Actually, almost all the headlines read "likely found," "possibly found," or - my personal favorite - "almost certainly found." Endless fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment